- Illinois Department of Public Health: Asthma Burden Update January 2013
- Illinois Department of Public Health: Asthma Burden Update May 2012
- CDC's Asthma Surveillance Report: National Surveillance of Asthma: 2001-2010
- NHLBI's Asthma Care, Quick Reference Guide now available
- Work-related asthma surveillance data
- Asthma Prevalence, Health Care Use, and Mortality: United States, 2005-2009
- CDC's BRFSS Adult Asthma Module
- Investing in Best Practices for Asthma: A Business Case for Education and Environmental Interventions
- Black-White Health Disparities in the US and Chicago:
A 15-Year Progress Analysis
- CAC Guide to Asthma Publications
- Members: Click here to view new job postings and the membership directory.
Welcome to the Chicago Asthma Consortium!
The Chicago Asthma Consortium is a coalition of medical and public health professionals, business leaders, government agencies, community-based organizations, and individuals dedicated to improving the quality of life for people with asthma through networking, information sharing, and collaboration.
Chicago Asthma Consortium Spring Meeting
Asthma and Lifestyle
Presentations now available.
Are you Black and Have Been Diagnosed with Asthma?
Participate in the BELT Study at Northwestern University.
Click here for more information.
Does your preschool child cough or wheeze with respiratory
illnesses (includes common colds, sore throats and the flu)?
Click here for info on a new study at Children's Hospital of Chicago.
Public Act 096-1460
Doctor's signature no longer required for students
to carry asthma inhalers in school. Only parent note
and prescription label required.
Disclaimer. The information contained in this website is provided with the understanding that the Chicago Asthma Consortium (CAC), this site and its services, including all the resources provided, serve informational purposes only. Only a doctor who is treating you can provide you with medical advice examination, diagnosis, or treatment. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. The CAC does not endorse any medical or professional service referred to on this site or any links to this site. It also does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned. While we try to keep the information on this site as accurate as possible, we cannot guarantee its accuracy, timeliness, or completeness.